This recipe could also be called “Pumpkin Coffee Creamer Reclaimed.” Essentially, I add a couple eggs to the pumpkin creamer that is already well-stocked in my fridge, and we have some delicious pumpkin french toast batter!
- 2 cups Pumpkin Coffee Creamer
- 2 Large Eggs
- 8 Slices of Bread (slightly stale brown rice bread or New Cascadia Honey GF bread works well!)
- Ground Cinnamon
1. Preheat griddle to high (or 400° F). Add 1 tsp of butter to grease the surface.
2. Preheat oven to 170° F.
3. Whisk eggs and blend with pumpkin creamer in a flat bottomed bowl or dish.
4. Soak each slice of bread for 30 seconds in the batter.
5. Place bread on preheated griddle and sprinkle cinnamon on the top.
6. Cook bread for 3 minutes, or until the bread is browned and crispy.
OPTIONAL Topping Ideas:
- Almond Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Toasted Pecans
- Vanilla Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Pumpkin Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Sauteed apples with cinnamon